Tuesday 17 February 2015

Rainbow and Cloud Nails

I bought a blue Miss Sporty polish the other day that made me think of blue skies and made me want to create a mani which included clouds and blue skies. So here is my rainbow mani with blue skies.

Rainbow Nails



For this mani you will need:
  • blue nail polish
  • white nail polish
  • selection of coloured polishes
  • dotting tool
  • small nail art brush




Start by painting your nails with the blue polish. I left the ring finger for the rainbow.
I got a little too into this mani and forgot to take photos for the next few steps.
Next paint your designated rainbow nail with white polish.
I started my rainbow with the middle colour so it would be easier to work out how thick each line needed to be.
Keep adding more colours to your rainbow nail, if you want a neater edge to each colour use nail art tape as a guide but as a mentioned before, I got a little too into this mani and didn't have time to find my tape so I painted each colour freehand.
For the clouds on the blue nails you'll need your white polish and a dotting tool. Using your dotting tool place a white dot on your nail.
To turn the dots into clouds, add smaller dots to the side of the first dots. Make some clouds with 2 dots and some with 3 so it doesn't look too uniformed.
There we have it! Rainbow and sky nails! There's no rainbows without rain and there's no rain without clouds.
I love the sky nails, I think they look great, it's a really nice blue!

The polishes I used in this mani are:
  • Red - Barry M - Passion Fruit
  • Orange - Boots 17 Lasting Fix - Tropical Island
  • Yellow - Boots 17 Fast Finish - Go Go
  • Green - Barry M - Neon Green
  • Blue - Boots Colour Carnival by Seventeen - Light Blue
  • Indigo - Models Own Artstix - Betty Blue
  • Violet - Sinful Colours - Let's Talk
  • Blue sky - Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours
  • Clouds - Boots Natural Collection - Nail Tip Whitener
Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment