Saturday 21 February 2015

Spider-Man Nails

My boyfriend doesn't understand my nail art haha, I'm not sure many guys understand why we girls love nail polish! I created these Spider-Man nails to show him how awesome nail polish can be!

Spider-Man Nails



For this mani I used:
  • red, blue, black and white nail polish
  • small nail art brushes









I couldn't get the Spider-Man mask to fit on one nail so I decided to spread it across to 2 nails.
Start by painting your thumb, middle finger and ring finger nails with the red polish and your other 2 nails with the blue.
For spideys mask, start with the eyes. To do this, use the black polish and paint a pointed oval about half way down your 2 red nails.
Then you need to create the web look. Using the black polish again paint thin curved lines across your nails. They all need to start between spideys eyes and spread out across to each side of the nails. Try to match up the lines on each nail.
Next paint a few curved lines between each of the lines you've already created to get more of a web look.
Then when all the black details have dried you need to add the white to his eyes. To do this use your white polish to paint over the black ovals. Don't completely cover the all of the black, leave an outline.
Now for the spider on the thumb nails. Using the black polish again, paint a thick line with a pointed end towards the tip of your nail.
For the legs, paint 8 little lines coming out of the body, then from the end of each line paint another longer line towards the edges of your nail.






















There you have it. Spider-Man nails! I added webs to the blue nails too but with the blue polish being quite dark the webs don't stand out that well.


 The polishes I used in this mani were:

  • Nails Inc. - Luminous Red
  • Models Own Artstix - Betty Blue
  • Boots Natural Collection - Nail Tip Whitener
  • Miss Sporty - Black

I hope you enjoy trying out this mani. My boyfriend was quite impressed with these nails, he still can't see why I need to keep buying more polish though.

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment