Thursday 5 February 2015

Newspaper or Book Nails


I've been wanting to try newspaper nails for ages and I finally got round to it today. I like how they can look like pages from a book, with that in mind I added the deathly hallows to one of my nails to turn it into a Harry Potter mani.

Newspaper Nails

For this mani you will need:

 

 

  • a white or light nail polish
  • 10 squares of newspaper
  • a cup of water
  • top coat








 Start by painting your nails with your white/light base colour. I'm using white for mine but you can use any colour that you like.


Put your pieces of news paper in the water for a minute to losen the ink.





Before the next step your base polish needs to be completely dry so you don't leave any imprints on your nails when you're pressing the newspaper on. When your nails are dry place a piece of wet newspaper over your nail and press it down. Keep it on your nail for 45 seconds to a minute.


Carefully peel the newspaper off your nail and the writing from the paper should have transferred to your nail.


Repeat this process on every nail. Then using a small brush or cotton bud with nail polish remover go around your fingers cleaning away anything that printed onto your skin.

Apply a top coat to your nails or the ink will just wash straight off the next time you wash your hands! 
The light kept shining on my nails so I found it really hard to get the writing to show up in the pictures, it is there, I promise!

The polishes I used in this mani were:

  • Boots Natural Collection - Nail Tip Whitener
  • Rimmel Base and Top Coat
I hope you enjoy doing this mani, I think it looks great for book themed nails. If the ink isn't transferring when you're using water, try with rubbing alcohol or even spirits such as vodka.

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment