Monday 9 February 2015

Ice Cream Nails (with chocolate sauce and sprinkles)

Using a few of my new Miss Sporty nail polishes and some randoms from my collection I've come up with this ice cream nails. Ice cream with chocolate sauce and sprinkles, yum!








Ice Cream Nails



For this mani you will need:

  • one or more pastel coloured polish
  • a dark brown polish
  • white polish
  • a dotting tool
  • a small brush






 Start with your pastel polish/polishes and paint all your nails. I used 5 colours, so one for each nail, and as usual I used two coats of polish as that's my personal preference.






When all the polish has completely dried it's time to add the chocolate sauce to your ice cream! To do this you will need your dotting tool. Dot the brown polish a third of the way down your nail and pull it towards the tip, so that it looks like dripping chocolate.





Add one or two more chocolate drips to the first one, I think things look better in odd numbers so I went with three drips on most nails, but if you can only fit two on then two it is!





Then fill in the gaps between the drips on your tip of your nail with more chocolate sauce (brown polish)


When all the brown polish has dried it's time to add the sprinkles, to do this you will need your white nail polish and a small brush. Using the small brush paint little white lines randomly on the brown polish.


Using your pastel polishes and the small brush again, paint over the white lines to turn them into colourful sprinkles.





And there you have it, ice cream with chocolate sauce and sprinkles on your nails! How I wish I had of bowl of ice cream right now!





The polishes used in this mani were:

  • Model's Own - Strawberry Tart
  • Model's Own Artstix - Lilac Dream
  • Barry M - Greenberry
  • Barry M - Chocolate Brown
  • Boots Natural Collection - Nail Tip Whitener
  • The yellow and blue are Miss Sporty polishes
I hope you enjoy recreating this mani.

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment