Thursday 5 February 2015

Watermelon

The daisy nails put me in a summery mood and inspired me to create a watermelon mani.

Watermelon Nails


For this mani you will need:

  • red, green, white and black polish
  • a dotting tool













Start by painting your nails with your red polish, I used two coats as I wanted full coverage.



Then with your white polish, paint the tip of your nail, as if you were doing a french manicure. It doesn't matter if the white doesn't cover completely as you will be painting over most of it with the green.





Now using your dotting tool and your black polish. Dot the black polish onto your nail, with the dotting tool still touching your nail, pull it down slightly to create a teardrop shape, these are going to be the watermelon seeds.





Now it's time to add the green. Paint the green on the tip of your nail, leaving a thin line of the white polish.




I then went around all my nails and touched up the white to neaten it up. Finally, when your nails are completely dry apply a top coat and away you go.


Now I really fancy watermelon!

The polishes I used in this mani were:

  • Nails Inc. - Luminous Red
  • Barry M - Emerald Green
  • Boots Natural Collection - Nail Tip Whitener
  • W7- Matte Black

Have fun with this mani!

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment