Wednesday 4 February 2015

Rainbow Dots

I love all things brightly coloured and one of my favourite brightly coloured things is rainbows! I love them, they're so pretty and colourful! So, with that in mind, I set out on todays nail art, rainbow dots.

Rainbow Dots

For this nail art you will need:




  •  white nail polish
  • at least 5 brightly coloured nail polishes (I used 6)
  • something to make small dots
  • top coat (optional, mine smudged my dots)




 First off, you need to prep your nails, remove any old nail polish and make sure they're clean. When your nails are ready apply the white nail polish, this is going to be our base, this mani looks really good with a black base too!

 Then, line up your polishes in rainbow order, mine was: yellow green blue purple pink orange. I then decided to ignore that and start with the blue!
I find it easier to start this mani with the middle dots first, then I work the rest of the dots from there.

Grab your dotting tool and dip it into your first colour of polish, then place dots diagonally across the middle of your nail.


Clean off your dotting tool and start dotting your next colour next to your first line of dots.


Keep going until you have a line of dots in each of the polishes you chose, remember to clean off your dotting tool between each different colour.

I found I still had white space left either side after I'd used each colour once, so I just carried on the pattern following my rainbow order.

 

 Repeat the dotting on the rest of your nails, unless of course you only want the dots on the one nail. If you have any excess polish on your fingers when you have finished, use a small brush or a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover to get rid of it without ruining your nails.


When you have dotted all your nails you'll be amazed at how amazing they look for such a simple mani. If you are going to apply a top coat to your nails I'd advise that you leave it at least 30 mins before you do apply it to make sure all the dots have completely dried. I didn't wait and unfortunately my dots smudged.

 So there you have it, a fairly simpl mani that looks pretty impressive once complete. I'm so in love with it, I'll be so sad to see it go.

The polishes I used in this mani were:
  • Boots Natural Collection - Nail Tip Whitener
  • Boots Seventeen - Light Blue
  • Barry M - Neon Green
  • Barry M - Bright Purple
  • Barry M -Shocking Pink
The yellow and orange I used were from a Boots Strictly Come Dancing nail set, I'm not sure if they are available to purchace separately.

I hope you enjoy trying out this mani.

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment