Thursday 12 February 2015

Disney: Winnie the Pooh Nails

At work the other day I was showing my manager some of my manis and she was like "it would be great if you did a Pooh mani" Luckily I know she loves Winnie the Pooh or this mani could have turned out completely different!






Winnie the Pooh Nails




 For this mani you will need:
  • yellow polish
  • red polish
  • black polish
  • nail art brushes 






 Start by painting all your nails yellow, or if you prefer, some yellow, some red, as long as the finger you're going to paint Pooh on is yellow, it doesn't matter what colour the rest are. As you can see, I started with all yellow and changed my mind later on.

Now to draw Pooh, it took 3 coats of yellow to get the colour I wanted so I had to wait quite a while for my nails to dry.
Start with the eyes and the nose. Paint two little black dots, about half way down your nail for the eyes. Just below them, place a bigger black dot for his nose.






















Next I painted on the eyebrows. To do this, paint 2 curved lines about half way between the eyes and your cuticles.






He's really starting to take shape now! Next is the mouth. Paint a curved black line just below the nose with each end of the line in line with the eyes. Then at either end of the mouth, add a little curve.
As you can see, my black polish got a little over excited so I had to thin the line with some more yellow polish.
Paint a "V" shape on the tip of your nail with the red polish, this is Poohs' shirt. Then outline it with your black polish.





















There you have it! Winnie the Pooh on your nail! I thought there was a little too much yellow going on on my nails so I painted two of them with the red polish.

I'm really happy with how this mani turned out! It went a lot better than I expect!

The polishes I used in this mani were:
  • Boots Fast Finish - Go Go
  • Barry M Gelly - Passion Fruit
  • W7 - Matte Black
Have fun trying out this mani!

Rachel x


No comments:

Post a Comment