Sunday 22 February 2015

Disney: Up! Nails

So it's one week until we're off to Florida! Here's another Disney mani for you. I love the film UP! It's such a lovely story. That's the film that has been the inspiration for this mani.


Up Nails



For this mani I used:
  • small nail art brushes
  • dotting tools
  • blue, white and black nail polish
  • a make up sponge
  • a selection of bright polishes for the balloons




I started by painting all of my nails white so that I had a solid base for my gradient. To do a gradient with nail polish it's easiest to use a make up sponge. To make it look like it's really high in the sky I wanted the tip of my nails to be white and the part near the cuticles to be blue. To do this, I painted a stripe of blue polish and a stripe of white polish onto a make up sponge.
I then dabbed the sponge onto my nail a few times until I got a colour I was happy with.
Using my brightly coloured polishes and my dotting tool I placed random dots on all my nails except my ring finger.
For my ring finger nail. I starting by dotting random balloons in a triangle shape, with the widest part of the triangle starting at the cuticle end of my nail and the point being about a third of the way down my nail.

For the house, I used black polish. I started by painting a black rectangle, I then added the roof.


I then painted a few thin black lines from the roof of the house up to the balloons to make it look like the strings.
There we have it, my Up mani. I'm so excited for Florida now!

The polishes I used in this mani were:
  • Miss Sporty - Blue
  • Miss Sporty - Black
  • Boots Seventeen Colour Carnival - White
  • Boots Seventeen Colour Carnival - Light Blue
  • Kiko - Green
  • Barry M - Shocking Pink
  • Barry M - Passion Fruit
  • Make Up Time - Bright Yellow
Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment