Friday 6 November 2015

Help! I stained my nails blue!

So last night I posted my bright blue stained nails! I was devastated and ready to file my nails right off! So many of you replied to my post with ideas of how to fix them, well, I think I tried every single one and here's my results.

First I tried whitening tooth paste, 3 different kinds! I scrubbed and scrubbed and nothing happened, not one bit of colour was lifted, I was just left with minty hands.

Then I tried cuticle remover. First I put it on my nails and scrubbed with a tooth brush, then I popped some more on and wrapped my nails in foil as if I was removing gel polish. This technique was a huge fail too, no colour budged.

By this point I'm starting to face reality that I'm going to have permanent blue nails!

The third technique I used is lemon and bicarbonate. I made a paste with lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda, scrubbed it into my nails and then wrapped them with lemon soaked cotton pads in foil. I kept this on for 20 minutes and then scrubbed my nails with a toothbrush after. The colour did fade slightly and I feel like if I redid this over a few days it would get rid of it eventually but I'm really impatient and I really wanted to get it off!

Finally, I gave in, I grabbed my nail file and gently buffed the surface as if I was going to apply acrylic extensions or gel polish. At last! I could see pink again! It didn't take any effort at all the buff it off, I wish I'd just gone ahead and done it in the first place! I've now covered my nails in my fave clear polish and slapped on a tonne of cuticle oil!

Thank you again to anyone who responded last night! Unfortunately hardly anything worked for me but it might work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment